Adams Morgan

View the "Adams Morgan Listings Search" on the right (or scroll down if using mobile) to access condos, townhouse and the newest properties for sale in the neighborhood.  Contact me to view any of these properties.

I have been a homeowner in Adams Morgan for more than 10 years and a DC resident for 25 years.  I know our neighborhood and city.  

Adams Morgan is situated just outside the original city of Washington as planned by Pierre L’Enfant. The area developed as an urban district in the late 19th and early 20th centuries as the city expanded.  The area was originally known as Lanier Heights and became a fashionable, middle-class neighborhood.  Since the 1970s, Adams Morgan has experienced an ongoing renaissance. Population and businesses have continued to increase. There were eight restaurants in the area in 1975; today there are more than 100, and the population has more than doubled. This continued growth and prosperity have made Adams Morgan and its commercial area on 18th Street and Columbia Road a vibrant nightspot and a desirable place to live.

This article discusses the big changes that are in store for the neighborhood.

This vibrant, diverse and artistic neighborhood is abuzz with colorful storefronts, friendly sidewalk cafes, restaurants with diverse cuisine, intimate coffee shops and some of Washington’s liveliest nightspots. 

The primary crossroads of Adams Morgan — Columbia Road and 18th Street — are the epicenter for independently owned shops that sell unique, one-of-a-kind gifts in all price ranges. Visitors will find unique records and books, environmentally friendly items, house furnishings, clothing and local contemporary artists’ work.

My Favorites in Adams Morgan:

Grocery Stores:  Harris Teeter (1631 Kalorama Rd., NW) and Safeway (1747 Columbia Rd., NW).  Get your Harris Teeter VIC card and Safeway Club Card for extra savings!  Harris Teeter has the best deal in town on chicken breast - $1.99/lb. at the meat counter.

Desserts:  The Cakeroom (2006 18th St., NW) for their Oreo Cheesecake, cupcakes and big cookies.

Taco Tuesday Specials:  Johnny Pistolas (2333 18th St., NW) and Smoke & Barrel (2471 18th St., NW) have specials every Tuesday.

Outdoor Seating:  Get your pizza fix and happy hour specials on the rooftop of Mellow Mushroom (2436 18th St., NW).  Bourbon (2321 18th St., NW) has a cute patio out back and is great for brunch.  18th & U Duplex Diner (2004 18th St., NW) has a smaller patio and gets a large crowd on Mondays for M night when all items beginning with the letter M are half price, such as meatloaf, mac and cheese, meatballs, merlot, etc.  Also try the bar rooftop at Roofers Union (2446 18th St., NW) for great views.

Fine Dining:  Mintwood at 1813 Columbia Rd., NW and neighbor Johnny's Half Shell.

Post Office:  2300 18th St., NW

Men's Haircut:  I go to Bang Salon at 1612 U St., NW.  I've also heard that Wise Owl Club is good at 2010 18th St., NW.

Dry Cleaners:  Cupid Cleaners, 1730 Kalorama Rd., NW

Gym:  Vida (1612 U St., NW) is the best large gym in the neighborhood and has many fitness classes and a rooftop pool.  MINT (1724 California St., NW) is a smaller, more personal gym.  Smaller group glasses can be found at solidcore (1706 Columbia Rd., NW), Stroga (1808 Adams Mill Rd., NW) and CrossFit Hierarchy (1681 Kalorama Rd., NW)

Best public transportation:  Well, I usually take any of the buses (S1, S2, S4, S9) that run up and down 16th St. -- to travel north to Columbia Heights and beyond or to go downtown as far as the White House and National Mall.  Bus rates are about $2 each way.

Search Adams Morgan Homes for Sale

New Listings

Listing Picture Coming Soon
$499,000
WASHINGTON, DC
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Compass MRIS
Featured picture for the property DC10059081
$255,000
WASHINGTON, DC
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Chatel Real Estate Company MRIS
Featured picture for the property DC10058863
$565,500
WASHINGTON, DC
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Jack Realty Group MRIS
Featured picture for the property DC10057869
$1,199,900
WASHINGTON, DC
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. MRIS
Featured picture for the property DC10057899
$564,900
WASHINGTON, DC
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Compass MRIS
Updated Sep 19, 2017 6:27:am
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing data provided by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc.

Today's Market Trends for Adams Morgan *

$2,461,000

0.01%

$518.0000

-0.03%

-0.20%

August

July

-0.55%

0.1%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable