John's recent transactions:
Adams Morgan - Coldwell Banker's #1 Top-Selling Agent in Adams Morgan (2019):
- 1700 Kalorama Rd. NW #312 - $824,900. 2 bed/2 bath/balcony/parking. Highest-selling condo in building in 2019.
- 2707 Adams Mill Rd. NW #500 – $374,500. 1 bed co-op. Highest-selling one bedroom in history of 53-unit building (as of 1/2020).
- 1644 Beekman Pl. NW #D - $817,500. 2 bed/2.5 bath/outdoor space/parking. Under contract in 8 days above list price with multiple offers.
- 2301 Champlain St. NW #305 - $699,000. 2 bed/2 bath/patio/extra storage/parking. Under contract in 7 days.
- 2301 Champlain St. NW #309 - $409,000. 1 bed/1 bath. Under contract in 3 days. Highest-selling one-bedroom in building in 2020.
- 2328 Champlain St. NW #315 - $679,000. 2 bed/2 bath/parking. Fastest-selling condo in building in 2019.
- 2426 Ontario Rd. NW #304 - $799,000. 2 bed/2.5 bath/parking. Highest-selling condo in building in 2018.
- 2515 17th St. NW #2 -- $385,000. 1 bed/1 bath. Helped buyer get $14,000 off list price, plus additional $2,000 closing credit.
- 7740 Effingham Sq. - $525,000. 4 bed/4 bath/parking.
- 2211 Main Line Blvd. - $681,000. 3 bed/2.5 bath/parking.
- 3043 15th St. NW #9 - $945,000. New construction, 3 bed/3 bath w/parking. Helped buyers get $24,900 off list price, plus seller included $25,000 parking spot.
- 1239 Vermont Ave. NW - $472,000. 2 bed/2 bath/rooftop pool. Helped buyer get $8000 off list price.
Mount Vernon Square - Coldwell Banker's #1 Top-Selling Agent in Mount Vernon Square (2019):
- 475 K St. NW - $776,000. 2 bed/2 bath/parking/rooftop pool.
- 440 L St. NW #905 - $824,900. 2 bed/2 bath + den/parking/rooftop pool. Highest-selling condo in history of 149-unit building (as of 2019).
- 1001 L St. NW - $612,000. 2 bed/2 bath/balcony/parking.
- 910 M St. NW - $681,000. 2 bed/2 bath/parking/rooftop pool.
- 5030 7th Pl. NW- $708,000. Newly renovated 4 bed/3.5 bath townhouse w/parking. Helped buyer get $31,500 off list price.
- 3900 Kansas Ave. NW #4 - $627,000. New construction 3 bed/2 bath condo. Helped buyer get $22,000 off list price.
- 1313 Shepherd St. NW- $969,000. Newly renovated 5 bed/3.5 bath townhouse with 2 parking spots. Helped buyer get $56,000 off list price. Then secured renters for 2 units at $1900 and $3900 per month.
- 1336 Quincy St. NW #2 -- $439,000. Newly renovated 2 bed/1 bath condo with patio. Helped buyer get $20,000 off list price, plus a $5,000 closing credit from the seller.
- 1724 6th St. NW- $981,000. 3 bed/2.5 bath townhouse with parking.
"John gives realtors a good name. Unlike some agents, he is sincere, personable, genuine and always keeps his clients' needs and objectives as his priority. We worked with John over a period of several months as we searched for our first home in D.C. As a long time D.C. resident, he is highly knowledgeable and quick to offer reliable insights. He is aggressive when negotiating with sellers and other agents. We were thrilled to purchase our newly renovated townhouse at $20,000+ below the list price." -- Rachel L.
As a 25-year resident of Washington, D.C. and 14-year resident of Adams Morgan, John has a vested interest in the District and its surrounding areas and has first-hand experience buying, selling, financing and leasing in the region. In addition to Adams Morgan, he has lived in Chevy Chase, Cleveland Park, Dupont Circle, Mount Pleasant and Penn Quarter and has worked in McPherson Square, Logan Circle and Northern Virginia.
Born in Massachusetts and raised in New Hampshire, John received his Bachelor of Arts in English and Communications from Boston College. Prior to joining Coldwell Banker, he gained in-depth experience leading sales, marketing, public relations and corporate communications efforts at publicly-traded companies such as JPMorgan Chase, Convera and Teleglobe. This experience makes him a huge asset to his clients – he knows how to market and sell.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Member of the Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors
- Coldwell Banker's "Top 60 List" out of 850+ D.C.-area agents
- Smart Home Technology-certified by Coldwell Banker University
- Inman News Contributing Author - http://www.inman.com/author/john-t-murray
Your Local Real Estate Connection
Get a positive, helpful partner for buying or selling a home:
- Trusted resource for answers about the process
- Innovative marketing strategies
- Expertise about neighborhood features
- Ability to target home searches
- Strong negotiation skills
- Support through the closing and beyond
- Reach international clients
Check out our free, customizable Monthly Market Update Videos to see what's happening in the neighborhood where you live or are looking to live.